‘Are You Ready?’
Having recently become a duo, Prides are back with their incredibly catchy and attention-grabbing single, ‘Are You Ready?’
As big supporters of the Scottish indie-pop pair, we have been left feeling very excited and in anticipation for their upcoming album release; especially if this new song is anything to go by! The band have maintained their signature sound whilst intertwining it with echoing guitars and beautifully powerful vocal melodies. It’s passionate and intense whilst still remaining pop at the core – I guess you could call it mature pop!
It’s just one heck of a good song…well done guys…bring on LP2!
We got the opportunity to catch up with the band, about their feelings on recording their second album, what they’re listening to right now, and found out about a scary experience they had! Here’s what they had to say…
1. What’s it like going to write a second album? Do you feel there is a lot of pressure to make it as successful as the first?
It’s actually felt like the pressure is off a little bit! It feels like we have an amazing amount of support to just be ourselves, and to write the music that we want to write. It’s actually been a hell of a lot of fun.
2. How is the writing and recording of your second album going? Have you got a release date or title yet?
At the moment we just have a long list of songs, but we’re hoping to have things tidied up by the end of the year. No official title or date yet, but we’re not far off!
3. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s happened to each of you, either whilst in the band, or in life?
Life’s too difficult to worry about being embarrassed.
4. What really grinds your gears?
People who expect for things to be handed to them.
5. Is there anything other than music you’re really passionate about?
Love, books, films, friends, family, trees and kittens.
6. What music have you been listening to most recently? Have you got a favourite song right now?
Bon Iver, Dua Lipa and The Innocence Mission. Our fave song just now is ‘Old Friends’ by Pinegrove.
7. Has anything really scary ever happened to you on tour? If so, what?
We once drove down an icy mountain in the dark in the French Alps. It really felt like we were going to go over the edge and plummet to our doom. And then someone was sick. Not a great day.
8. Have either of you got any disgusting habits?
No, we’re the embodiment of perfection.
9. What is your usual process for writing and recording? And where do you take your inspirations for songs from?
It’s nothing overly complicated. We tend to write and record at the same time, we take it in turns shouting ideas at each other, and slowly build the framework of the song. All the songs are inspired by moments in my life, thrown brazenly onto page.
10. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
It was fantastic to hear from the band and I’m so excited to have had this opportunity. Special thanks to the guys for taking the time to take part in the interview and to Joly for setting it up for me!
What are your thoughts on Prides’ newest release? Has it got you excited for their upcoming, second album release? What’s your favourite Prides song so far? Please leave your thoughts, comments or own #TunefulTuesday suggestions in a comment below or hit us up via our social media accounts.
‘Are You Ready?’ can be downloaded off iTunes now – https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/are-you-ready/id1153704745?i=1153705066
Enjoyed this? Check out our other interviews with:
Ali Tabatabaee from Zebrahead
Skip from Almost July