It’s been just over 10 years since Angels & Airwaves released their debut album, We Don’t Need To Whisper and in celebration of that, Tom DeLonge has re-recorded acoustic versions of 4 fan favourites, on a special We Don’t Need To Whisper Acoustic EP (released on iTunes today).
Their debut single, ‘The Adventure’, was released in 2006 and reached Number 20 in the UK charts, kicking off a fantastic side-project for Tom DeLonge and co. Since then, the band has had a few member changes but that hasn’t stopped them branching out from music into feature films, graphic novels, novels and more.
This track is a refreshing take on the original and is just as beautifully captivating and uplifting, just in a different way. It may have been stripped back but it hasn’t lost any of the passion or essence that made the original so exceptional. My only flaw with the EP is that I would have loved the whole album to have been re-recorded in this style.
No music video has been made as yet but the lyric video serves as a brilliant companion piece with a series of behind the scenes footage from the era of the debut album’s inception and recording.
What are your thoughts on this acoustic version of ‘The Adventure’? Have you got a #FeelGoodFriday track for us? Please leave your thoughts or song suggestions in a comment or via social media.
Matt – Muzik Speaks
‘The Adventure (Acoustic)’ can be downloaded off iTunes now – https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/the-adventure-acoustic/id1272287286?i=1272287919
We felt it was time to create the ultimate chillout playlist, combining as many different genres as possible into one, super-relaxing, easy-listening place. This playlist has been lovingly crafted to include a variety of chilled songs we love as well as suggestions from you guys!
If you already own the songs and want the custom artwork, please feel free to copy/download the artwork below:
Cassettemix + Chill Playlist
This genre-spanning playlist includes the following chilled-out tracks:
- Justin Bieber – I’ll Show You
- Chris Malinchak – So Good To Me
- DJ Snake – Let Me Love You featuring Justin Bieber (Andrew Watt Acoustic Remix)
- Aquilo – Sorry
- Years & Years – Eyes Shut
- The 1975 – Paris
- The Japanese House – Swim Against The Tide
- MUNA – So Special
- Zara Larsson – Lush Life (Acoustic Version)
- The Beach – Geronimo (Acoustic Version)
- Years & Years – Without
- George Ezra – Budapest
- Amy Winehouse – Tears Dry (Original Version)
- Simply Red – Holding Back The Years
- Timeflies – Stuck With Me
- John Mayer – Who You Love featuring Katy Perry
- One Direction – Perfect (Matoma Remix)
- X Ambassadors – Renegades
- Sons Of Maria – You & I
- Ella Eyre – We Don’t Have To Take Our Clothes Off
- Alex Parks – Out Of Touch
- You+Me – Break The Cycle
- Freshlyground – I’d Like
- George Michael – Jesus To A Child
- Chicane – Poppiholla (5am Mix)
- Sia – Elastic Heart (Piano Version)
- Miley Cyrus – Adore You
- TIEKS – Sunshine featuring Dan Harkna (Acoustic Version)
- Echosmith – Cool Kids (Acoustic)
- Ben Haenow – Second Hand Heart featuring Kelly Clarkson (Acoustic)
- Ella Henderson – Missed
- Kelly Clarkson – Piece By Piece (Idol Version)
I hope you enjoy this playlist as much as I’ve enjoyed creating it! Please share the link to this post, or the playlist itself and give it a follow on Spotify too – https://open.spotify.com/user/muzik5peaks/playlist/3V0deIVNCsaBTc6haHRFrk
Matt – Muzik Speaks