Like our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/muzikspeaks)
Follow us on Twitter (www.twitter.com/muzik_speaks)
On Saturday 22nd October 2016, I was lucky enough to see Aquilo performing live at Patterns in Brighton, with support from Meadowlark. The event was brilliant and both acts were fantastic. If you haven’t seen either act live; I strongly recommend it!
Having only recently heard of Meadowlark and done an interview with the band (which you can read here), I was excited to catch their live performance!
The pair were thrilling to behold – their songs are well crafted, the production was perfection and their performance was flawless. I imagine that a long time has been spent writing, recording and rehearsing and this shows, since their performance was remarkable.
I found myself enjoying every song they played; even the ones I didn’t know and from a support act, this is rare.
I strongly recommend watching them live and listening to their music online…they’re ace!
- Fantastic use of synths, pads and vocal harmonies.
- Captivating songwriting and big energy from both members.
- A very full-on sound; production was top-notch.
Aquilo were stunning! Their performance was captivating, full-on and brimming with high energy and placid moments, all in the right places – it was thoroughly enjoyable.
The band’s songs are such a powerful soundscape that the whole performance was like a journey, a story, it was almost a shame when the band spoke between songs. That being said, some of their anecdotes were witty and you could tell that they truly appreciated the audience being there to see them.
The pair confirmed that they have completed the work on their album and that it will be coming sometime at the beginning of next year, so keep your eyes and ears peeled for this.
- The vast soundscape created by the band.
- The couple of songs performed without the backing band – especially their song, ‘Sorry’ – this showed their raw talents off well and their songs were filled with power and emotion.
- The beautifully intricate harmonies created by both of their voices together.
- Stunning songs and brilliant songwriting shown off in a fantastic live setting.
I Don’t Want To See It
Never Seen You Get So Low
I Gave It All
You Won’t Know Where You Stand
Better Off Without You
* This song can be viewed on our YouTube, below.
Finally, I want to say an absolutely HUGE thanks to Phil from Sonic PR for organising this show and to Meadowlark and Aquilo for their epic performances!
Matt – Muzik Speaks